![]() |
| Wooded Gully Campsite (There is a gully too!) |
After my eventful month of November, December was pretty
quiet. On Monday 1st I stayed in Christchurch, but visited a school.
Then on Tuesday I flew to Dunedin for a teachers’ conference where I gave three
workshops, which were all well received. It was a beautiful day in Dunedin and
I went for a walk around the town before our ride took us to the airport.
We went to Hiraina Carran’s funeral. She isn’t much older
than we are, and had cancer for about ten years. I spent most of the time in
the kitchen with Rayleen and Jessica.
| The Sentra has never been this full! |
In the second week of December, I came down with “crashing
fatigue”. I could barely get out of bed
in the morning, and slept a lot! It lasted for about a week, before I felt like
myself again.
Mark has been really busy at work, and consequently we are
getting William to take Jonathan to the gym three days a week. One week, Mark
worked nearly three times his normal work hours. His offsider was on holiday
one week, and Mark did all his work as well as his own. The money will be
handy!
I tend to get anxious around Christmas time, no matter what
we decide to do. This year we had presents only for Seth, though I did get a
Bopit for Jonathan. The tent was for Mark and me. It was good not to spend. For
lunch we invited my mother over and had chicken burritos with all the trimmings
and homemade ice cream with boysenberries.
| Our tent looking like its going to take off. Mt Thomas on the skyline. |
Our main summer holiday was five days at Wooded Gully in our
tent. Jonathan stayed home, which he prefers, as do we, and William got paid to
stay with him, and used our 3D on the TV. So it was win, win, win, win! One
afternoon they came out for a swim in a river, which was pretty nice. Most of
the time we just lay about and read and prepared food, ate food, cleaned up
from eating food and had an afternoon nap.
We were most fortunate with our weather, which was mostly dry, though a
little windy one night, which I found scary. I had downloaded a gear list,
which was SO helpful to make sure we had everything we needed. We have quite a
big air-mattress and pillowtop, with down quilt, so our bedding takes up a lot
of space.
We finished the old year out in a tent at Wooded Gully at
the foot of Mt Thomas. It has been a challenging year for me, so I’m pretty
happy to turn the page to a new one.
Yay and I'm done!
Happy New Year to all who read this, from Nicola, Mark and Jonathan.
| A great outlook from the door each day. |

No comments:
Post a Comment